Troy & Gabriella - She is the Sunlight

 

September, 2021 
Fandom - High School Musical Trilogy
Song - She is the Sunlight by Trading Yesterday
Description:
"If right is leaving, I'd rather be wrong" are some of the hardest lyrics to ever hit. Also Gabriella is a literal sunshine of a character and I've idolized her since I was a kid.

I've edited this for The Happiness Project's Nostalgia Challenge! Proudly, this challenge was my idea and I was feeling kind of down that it wasn't going to happen because I didn't have the time to put it together. That said, I started editing this video a few days ago anyways because I still wanted to make it. When I heard that someone else was hosting the challenge I was ecstatic and went straight to finishing this!

Program: VegasPro 18
Coloring: Sunnyvids #7
 
Well this was a fast one to make! Just a few days and some very long sittings. I was surprised how quickly I was able to finish because usually, when I vid a fandom for the first time, it's very slow going trying to find the scenes I want. It was definitely helpful that I rewatched the entire trilogy right before making this and was looking out for parallels. Unironically, those films are classics and I love them.

I came up with the idea of a nostalgia challenge early on in The Happiness Project, and finally it was going to get made as long as I hosted it! For personal reasons, I had to pull out of hosting the challenge at the last moment, so I thought the challenge would be a no-go. I was still really excited about the idea of making this video, which I thought of making specifically for this challenge, so I had started editing it anyways when I saw someone else is now hosting. So after two long days of editing I was ready to go!

Song chosen because I was captivated by the lyric "She is the sunlight," which is a tall order and felt like only a few characters would be worthy of such a statement. Gabriella is one of them, and in each film Troy makes a mistake and loses her. But while the song ends with the lyric, "The sun is gone," I made a contrast and paired it with the very last scene in which Gabriella is yes, gone, but only 32.7 miles away, implying a happy ending with a manageable long-distance relationship. The relationship struggles Troy and Gabriella face are very real, despite the children's nature of the films. I wanted to capture that genuine angst.
 
Editing-wise I haven't really done anything new, besides vidding a new fandom. I threw in lots of overlays though, some of which I hadn't used before. The SunnyVids coloring I chose is one of my favorites (and I've used it before) because it's so wholesome and warm. Fit very well with the wholesomeness of these particular films.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evanna & Keo - DWTS Tribute - I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Remus Lupin - The Wolves

Freddie / Effy Kiss Scenes