Belle & Beast - Something Just Like This

September, 2017
Fandom: Beauty and the Beast (2017)
Characters: Belle & Beast
Song: Something Just Like This by The Chainsmokers feat. Coldplay

Description:
I have so many batb ideas it was hard to choose which one to do. But this was the original song I had in mind for the film. I heard it for the first time around the first time I saw the film and they just became closely associated in my heart. There was a fun irony to play with here, vidding a song about not needing a fairy tale life to a film that's a literal fairy tale. But in this adaptation, something that's very important is that it's not the glitz and glamour and magic that attract Belle and Beast to each other. In reality, they thrive best without all of that, just reading good books together.

Oh god I love Emma Watson. Like I really love Emma Watson. And I love Coldplay. And Disney. And just... oh this was a childhood dream video to make.

It felt almost silly. It's an old fashioned fairy tale edited to a song by The Chainsmokers that talks about not needing to be a part of a fairy tale. Somehow I still thought it fit like a glove.

I struggled with what to do for transitions. Contrary to what I expected, most of them ended up being crossfades and to this day I don't know if that was the right choice. I think it worked for the verses, but the more "EDM" style breaks after the chorus might have needed more of an "umph" with the effects and I just didn't have the ability to do that. I absolutely adore the coloring, though, and the song choice.

I'm disappointed that this is currently (as of the day I'm posting this) copyrighted worldwide. I hope it disappears, because for years it was not an issue. It was a more popular video.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evanna & Keo - DWTS Tribute - I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Remus Lupin - The Wolves

Freddie / Effy Kiss Scenes