Hazel & Augustus - The Fault in Our Stars - A Sky Full of Stars

 

December, 2020
Fandom: The Fault in Our Stars
Characters: Augustus Waters and Hazel Grace Lancaster
Song: Sky Full of Stars by Coldplay
 
Description:
This is a reupload from a video that got taken down. It's heartbreaking and unfortunate, because back in its day like five years ago, it had 200k views! It was one of my most successful videos. I did take this as an opportunity to revamp it a bit. Here is the old description:

The line that captured me in this song wasn't "sky full of stars" for the stars comparison, but "you're such a heavenly view." I couldn't get that line out of my head.
 
Edited with vegas pro 18
Coloring mine
I thank The Happiness Project for the overlays

I wrote about the original video in a prior blog post. What happened is the video got dinged for copyright - not for the song like usual, but for the film. It had been copyrighted for a while, so I sent a dispute to Fox and they turned it down. It's ridiculous because I have seen so many fanvideos to this exact film, so I know it's not forbidden territory. Somebody literally reported it manually as a copyright claim. I'm thinking it had to do with reporting for an inappropriate thumbnail that turned into a copyright dispute?? I'm going with a safer thumbnail this time.

It's such a bummer because I know my channel has passed its peak - anything I post now won't get nearly as many views, so this will never live up to the original in terms of outreach. However, I do think this is superior to the original because I gave it an upgrade!! I've NEVER done that to an old video of mine as I think, under normal circumstances, it'd be a slippery slope to fall down. I don't want to spend so much time revamping my old vids that I don't take the time to make new ones. Given the situation, I thought it'd be a fun experiment. I added new colorful overlays in transitions, some zooms to give the camera some dynamicism, and text for the quotes. I think with those simple changes, I spruced it up quite nicely. One of the reasons I used to cringe watching back this old video is that so many of the scenes are incredibly stagnant - the camera doesn't move. And it sticks out like a sore thumb for a song that seems to beg for movement. So adding in those zooms was really what I wanted to focus on. It's subtle, but changes the effortlessness of the video.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evanna & Keo - DWTS Tribute - I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Remus Lupin - The Wolves

Freddie / Effy Kiss Scenes