Morgan & Casey - True Friend

November, 2020
Fandom: Chuck
Song: True Friend by Hannah Montana 
Description:

This is the stupidest thing I've ever created I'm so sorry. Grad school killed my brain cells this is all I have left to offer.
 
As much as this is a troll video it's also my contribution to The Happiness Project non-romantic video challenge! This is, no doubt, the best non-romantic ship of the show.

Program: svp18
Coloring: mine
 
Oh my gosh I was like... do I make this video? Is this too ridiculously stupid? I've had the idea of ironically pairing this ship together with this song for like ten years, but ten years ago I would have been an adolescent with a very different sense of humor. I wasn't sure if it was still worth making.
 
When the non-romantic video challenge theme came up on The Happiness Project, I had several options I could have made - but this was the ONLY video where I was thinking, "This is the only circumstance in which I would make this video." All of the other ones might end up getting made anyways. This one is just weird.
 
The way I tried to make it more obviously ironic was by editing the little heart transitions and making sure the lyrics oppositely portrayed what was on-screen. But it's got some true heart to it by the end.
 
I made a very simple coloring that has reddish tints to go with the lovey dovey theme. I tried some other pre-made reddish colorings and they all felt like a little too much.

Final note - I only included scenes from 3x09 onward. Casey and Morgan do interact on-screen before then, but their relationship does not really initiate until after Morgan joins the team. From mid-season 3 onward is really when their relationship takes over the show.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evanna & Keo - DWTS Tribute - I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Remus Lupin - The Wolves

Freddie / Effy Kiss Scenes