Ron & Hermione - Open Your Eyes

May, 2016
Fandom: Harry Potter
Characters: Ron Weasley & Hermione Granger
Song: Open Your Eyes by Snow Patrol

Description:
OH MY GOSH this video is finally here and I have so much to say so for anyone who actually clicks "read more" bear with me.
1) In the last few months my subscriber number/view count jumped like crazy due to this Wes/Rebecca video that got surprisingly popular (which is not my doing, it's just a compilation video) but for all the new people here hello! This feels like a debut of sorts. You may have came for a compilation video of people kissing, but these videos are where my heart is.
2) This video took forever to make and it's why I haven't uploaded in so long. The program I have has this weird limitation where it does NOT like to mess with time, which is such a strange limitation for a vidder to have. So because I was sick of limiting myself and wanted to play around with slow motion and such... the program kept crashing and I did this video in many pieces. And the slow motion looks crappy. But I accept this video and all of it's flaws wholeheartedly because it's done now yessss.
3) As for this couple... I have so much love for them and I'm a nervous wreck thinking towards this summer when we finally find out their adult fates. Whatever happens, I'll imagine they stay together.
4) This video was largely inspired by one of my favorite Romione videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS6vr5KSIdQ Go give that a watch and sorry if there are similarities, i couldn't help it. Such a good video.

This was my first experimentation with messing with time (as in slow motion) which seems crazy because every vidder does this. But it's REALLY tricky in PowerDirector so it takes far more time and effort than it should. I've actively avoided trying it, but I really wanted to for this video. So as a consequence, I worked harder on this video than just about any I had ever done.

It's complicated to explain, but in essence, sometimes it randomly "undoes" itself and reverts back to it's original timespan. Which messes with the entire timeline. Also, you can only pick from designated speeds (i.e. 80%, 60%), in order to make it look smooth. And if you do it in the middle of the timeline, it shifts everything else, so you have to pull it to the end of the timeline. It's a mess.

Pros, however - COLORING (I think I pulled this off so well, I love it!), and aesthetic. I can remain proud of this one despite the nightmare that was making it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evanna & Keo - DWTS Tribute - I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Remus Lupin - The Wolves

Freddie / Effy Kiss Scenes