Peter Parker / Spiderman - Human

November, 2018
Fandom: Spiderman (The Original Sam Raimi Trilogy)
Song: Human by Christina Perri

Description:
These are some of my favorite movies of all time, and by far my favorite superhero movies of all time. Please do not hate if you just don't prefer this iteration of spiderman.
RIP Stan Lee. I did not time it this way. I finished this video yesterday morning, after countless hours of hard work. I opened twitter and... there you have it. Stan Lee was dead. I had never felt so emotional about the timing of a video I've made. I've actually been editing this on and off for several months. I got a new computer, so half of this video was edited on one computer, and half on another. It's a powerful machine and I'm really enjoying it. My old computer was sputtering out so hard that I lost all motivation to vid. It was just too slow. But now... ;)
Tobey Maguire's spiderman means the absolute world to me. I would die for this character. I think what makes him such a fascinating superhero is the immense vulnerability, which I tried to capture in this video.

This video took embarrassingly long.

I think I started it in April 2018, so it took a good 6+ months for me to actually get this out there. Is that the longest I've ever taken??

It would be such a beautiful story if I said that the catalyst for finishing the video was Stan Lee's death, but in truth, I got back into vidding it about a week before I uploaded this. I was just wrapping up the vid when I got the news! It just made me sure to publish it as soon as I could. Nevertheless, the timing of his death was incredibly meaningful to me because this video was a long journey. To finally, FINALLY finish it, and find out that Spiderman's creator was dead was a punch in the gut.

Since deciding to make this video, I rewatched the entirety of the trilogy (back in April). But then after starting, I ended up editing two other vids between then and now. I kept putting this off because it was such an ambitious project, and I really wanted to do the series justice, but it was not easy. Vids for this fandom don't really exist, so there was no precedent for me, really, at least of which I was aware.

Another roadblock was my computer. I edited about half of this video on my old computer, and half of it on my new one. Same program, but lightyears different in speed! My old computer was a nightmare to edit with recently, as the program kept crashing every minute or so, and not playing back what I had edited. Then the hinge literally broke so I had no excuse but to replace it. This new computer is a gaming laptop, and has a much stronger graphics card.

Despite the change in computer, I still kept my old editing program, PowerDirector 15. I dabbled with the free trial of Vegas Pro 16, and honestly, I didn't find it that user friendly?! It was a powerful program, for sure, but just the simple mechanics of it would take a lot of adjustment for me. Perhaps I'm just too accustomed to using PowerDirector for almost 5 years now and my muscle memory with it is just so strong. It would be too painful of an adjustment to switch, and I'm very satisfied with what I can do with PowerDirector now that I have a better computer. Nevertheless, I still want to push my vidding capabilities and perhaps give Vegas another try sometime soon. This video is very simplistic. No effects, minimal coloring, etc. etc. But I put a lot a lot a LOT of effort into the content. I thought about adding more effects to it but... honestly I like it the way it is.

My biggest flaw with this is the width of the screen in the various films. I had this problem with my Multi Emma Watson video too - some films have the black bars and a wider screen, others were more fullscreen. And honestly I didn't even NOTICE until after I rendered, by which I was too tired to acknowledge it.

One of my most prideful videos. I'm glad it caught a little attention in recent history.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evanna & Keo - DWTS Tribute - I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Remus Lupin - The Wolves

Freddie / Effy Kiss Scenes