Jump Street - Break the Rules

February, 2017
Fandom: 21/22 Jump Street
Song: Break the Rules by Charli XCX

Description:
This is my first time doing festivids! This is my big reveal for lilly_the_kid this year! I fulfilled her request of vidding Jump Street twice, once with voiceovers, once without. This one is voiceover-free just for her :)

I'm just going to restate what I said on my last video since these were made simultaneously.

Festivids... wow. I don't know if this is still a thing anymore in the small but possibly still thriving Dreamwidth community. But for old-school vidders, this was a "Secret Santa-esque" event in which you indicated which fandoms you were willing to vid, and which fandoms you wanted to have vidded for you, and you're assigned as a gift giver and recipient. I only got to do it once before the community kind of died, but it was SUPER fun the year I did it.

The video was first uploaded probably in Dec/Jan, unsigned, to an anonymous account. It wasn't until all of the Secret Santas were revealed that I re-uploaded to my actual YouTube channel, which is why I didn't have new videos until February.

I indicated five fandoms. Funnily enough, four of them were ones for which I had very clear videos prepared - a set idea. I just needed one more fandom to qualify so I added the Jump Street movies because I know and love them. Of course, those are the ones I got assigned and there was this moment of, "Uh oh, I have no idea what I'm doing!" So I spent a lot of time just shuffling through my music trying to get inspired. This is the first(??) videos I have ever made without some kind of a priori plan or idea hahaha.

It was definitely a new kind of challenge. Everything else was free reign - basically you could vid to whatever song you want as long as it matched the fandom. The person I was assigned to, however, indicated she wasn't a huge fan of voiceover heavy videos. So I made two videos - one more for myself that was very voiceover heavy, another that was more to her wishes. This is the non-voiceover one. I'm glad I did both. "Swagger Like Us" was the first one I came up with, and was committed to, and then I forced myself to come up with another idea (hence this video, "Break the Rules") Both videos were made simultaneously. I just switched back and forth if I was ever stumped.

One thing is the dvd quality... not the best. I can't believe it took me as long as it did to figure out how to increase the quality on my dvd rips. And by that time, the software had expired.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evanna & Keo - DWTS Tribute - I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Remus Lupin - The Wolves

Freddie / Effy Kiss Scenes