HTGAWM - Give up the Ghost

September, 2015
Fandom: How to Get Away with Murder (Season 1)
Song: Give up the Ghost by Ella Henderson

Description:
I only like vidding programs that are finished but I was just so tempted. I'm way too excited for September 24th.
***UPDATE*** VIOLA DAVIS BECAME THE FIRST POC TO WIN THE EMMY FOR LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA I now dedicate this video to you, you go girl.

One of my favorite television shows, I'm now posting this in an era that's post-htgawm. The show is already over, and I have a plentiful list of ideas. That said, I have yet to make any "How to Get Away with Murder" videos apart from this one, which was admittedly made prematurely.

I generally have a rule that I only vid fandoms that are completed (ie, a movie, or a tv show that has already stopped airing) but this was the one time I made an exception. Now, "vidwatchers" (audiences) tend to have the opposite rule. Many casual vidwatchers stop watching once a show loses its steam, and the most popular videos are made early on in a show's success. People want to watch fanvids in real time, as a show premieres. This video was made after only one season, at the height of the show's popularity and my fanaticism as well. SO, as a result, this video turned out to be one of my more popular videos, which is super exciting! But it doesn't make me want to break my rule again.

The concept was to have a different sector of the song for each character - it's a very character-driven video and that's fantastic, but the character arcs have long changed. I make videos for my own watching enjoyment more than anything else, and I feel like this video got outdated fast because the show progressed so much! I can't watch it back now! That's why I like to vid things that are complete, so I don't look back and think, "Oh, well now that the next episode came out I would have put this scene in there and that scene in there..." It's more of a personal problem. And I have it with other people's videos too. The vast majority of videos people make are mid-way through a show so I still love those, but there's always a chance that one just doesn't fit anymore because it's so outdated, and I lose my interest in watching it.

As far as the technical experience, this is up until this point, the hardest I had ever worked on a video. I had recently watched season 1 but I didn't have it memorized inside and out in comparison to shows like "Chuck" and "Skins" which I had seen several times over before trying to make a video. It took a lot of time to search through scenes. It took even longer to edit all the fast cuts together (those quick crossfades as basically my only transition... hmph...) and render it in pieces so my computer wouldn't crash. I was also in a time crunch because I wanted to make sure it went out before Season 2 began. I was so proud I even showed this one to my parents.

(PS I SERIOUSLY RECOMMEND THIS SHOW TO ANYONE WHO COMES ACROSS IT)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evanna & Keo - DWTS Tribute - I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Remus Lupin - The Wolves

Freddie / Effy Kiss Scenes