Harry Potter - September

November, 2015
Fandom: Harry Potter
Song: September by Daughtry

Description:
September could mean a lot of things. Obviously it's the month where everything begins and life completely changes for Harry. It's when Hogwarts starts, so it might have been his favorite month. That's because Harry despised summer. Metaphorically though, September means turning away from the good times. Summer is like childhood. September could mean growing up. It could mean running away. It could mean the war. For Harry's life though, it sure doesn't mean the month.

I really tried to up my technical and coloring skills while making this. I absolutely LOVE the coloring - the black/white tones are beautiful. The colored section in the middle also stands out. I didn't mess with timing at all still, which was a limitation. By that I mean nothing is in slow/fast motion, it's all in real-time (because changing that is a REAL PAIN in PowerDirector). Editing-wise, I think this is quite advanced and masterful and a real step up from past Harry Potter videos!

What's unique is that in hindsight I dislike the content. Usually on my own videos, I feel the opposite and love the content, dislike the technicalities. This is on my list of videos to redo (hopefully with the same coloring aesthetic) but with more well-rounded content that doesn't stick so severely to Deathly Hallows Part 1 and try to tell too much "story" in chronological order in a way that doesn't make sense. I'd want a more generalized Harry Potter video.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evanna & Keo - DWTS Tribute - I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Remus Lupin - The Wolves

Freddie / Effy Kiss Scenes