Harry Potter - Renegades

August, 2017
Fandom: Harry Potter
Song: Renegades by X Ambassadors

Description:
Different phases of the resistance against Voldemort. First, Harry thinks he has to be alone. Then, he's joined by Ron and Hermione, the old Order of the Phoenix, and Dumbledore's Army, who all come together in the end. I have nothing but apologies for how long it's been!! I actually finished this video months ago, but submitted it for an anonymous vidshow so I couldn't upload it. Life has been incredibly busy and I miss vidding. No promises for another vid anytime soon. :(

2015 must have been the height of my channel. From 2016 onwards, my output was slowly deteriorating. From 2016 onward, I started noticing that when I uploaded a video it received no attention, because there was no anticipation. It was a two-way street - my motivation took a hit. So what happened? Here we hit an all-time low - a gap between February and August for any sort of upload.

I mentioned the study abroad thing, and the taking the time to edit a lot of travel vlogs for myself and my family. This particular video, however, has quite the interesting and fun excuse!

I had first made the video several months prior, and then submitted it for an anonymous vidshow at Vividcon, an in-person convention for old-school fan-vidders!!! (I submitted for the "Challenge" themed one. This year's theme was 'Resistance'). So, for this reason, I couldn't upload to youtube until after Vividcon so that my identity wouldn't be revealed!

Despite all of that effort, I didn't even GO to vividcon because 1) it's super far away and 2) I wouldn't know anybody. I did, however, speak to someone who did attend and said that the video aired there! He gave me some of the feedback for which I was very appreciative.

In hindsight, I didn't do it because I wanted to showcase it at a convention. I did it because I liked the idea of vidding to a theme, a challenge, a task!! I saw the word "Resistance" and I could scroll through my long list of ideas until there was one that stood out to me most. That incentivizes me to perhaps participate in other vid exchanges, to get me motivated, hold me accountable to a particular timeline, and inspire a particular video. The only other one that came my way before I left dreamwidth I COMPLETELY forgot about the deadline, even though I was totally going to do it. It was the 2017 Equinox vid challenge - Vids inspired by books? I totally would have been down!

Writing this years later, a new discord server has been launched that starting in August will do monthly challenges and you bet I'm excited to participate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evanna & Keo - DWTS Tribute - I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Remus Lupin - The Wolves

Freddie / Effy Kiss Scenes