Fred & George - Pumpin' Blood

February, 2019
Fandom: Harry Potter
Characters: Fred and George Weasley
Song: Pumpin' Blood by NONONO

Description:
Good ol' Gred and Forge video.
There's no darkness in this, only light. There's also no death in this, only life. That's the whole point of the song, to celebrate what it is to live.

My one and only Fred and George vid!! There's very limited Fred/George content, so even this short little video used quite a high percentage of their on-screen time. Therefore, I can't imagine myself making a video featuring these two ever again, but I had this particular song in my head for years as their song. I liked the irony that it's a song about being alive.

I usually don't choose which vids I'm going to make directly... I have a long list of ideas and then just pick one at random. But this one I made impulsively because I was very intent on making a short video with a small amount of footage. I think my vidding mind was exhausted, and having a small pool to work with felt much more manageable. Better yet, I know Harry Potter films inside and out so it takes no effort to find scenes. With all that said, it is still always a fun challenge to vid a fandom/character/couple that I haven't vidded yet. This particular challenge was just more bite-sized.

I know there is a bias because this is one of my most recent videos, and it has not had time for views to accumulate, but by the time I'm writing this it's over a year old. And it is one of my all-time least viewed videos, which is sad. I like the way it turned out.

The coloring is a bit in-your-face orange and saturated, which is an acquired taste, but it matches the Weasley characters. I also like how to increase the usable footage I played with a lot of Fred/George-related imagery (i.e. Marauder's Map, Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, etc.) to show objects when I wasn't showing the characters themselves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evanna & Keo - DWTS Tribute - I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Remus Lupin - The Wolves

Freddie / Effy Kiss Scenes