Chuck Bartowski - Secrets

April, 2019
Fandom: Chuck
Song: Secrets by OneRepublic

Description:
I've been rewatching the show Chuck (for the millionth time), though with a family member of mine this time around. I swear, I've introduced this show to a fair amount of friends and never have they not gone and finished the whole five seasons. I love being able to experience the show through fresh eyes, remembering all of the twists and turns and big reveals. (Definitely not gonna let him watch this though, full of spoilers!!)
I think what I'm most attracted to about Chuck as a premise is the double-life aspect of the story. There is so much weight riding on the secrets that he holds, that he is prevented in every way from telling his loved ones. In a double-life story setup, writers have to be reeeeally careful about when they finally do their reveals. They have to be well done, and well spaced. Can't be done too early or too often or it gets rid of the suspense. Chuck handled all of its "Omg Chuck is a spy?!" moments SOOO well. ps happy easter if anyone actually reads these :)

I'm very proud of this video! I have the most Chuck video ideas by far, and it can be overwhelming to think of all the ones I haven't made yet. But rewatching the series with a family member of mine had made it really fun to bring this to life. I was having such a fun time with it that I was (shhh) vidding at work.

I think generally speaking I'm the happiest with what I've been able to do with Chuck videos. I know people watch them on my youtube channel reliably, so I know I'll always get some feedback. But most of all, it's the fandom that I probably have the most expertise on. I love Harry Potter of course, but Harry Potter videos are still a dime a dozen. Providing good quality Chuck videos is something that I think I satisfy a unique demand for.

This one had a unique focus - it was limited to scenes having to do with his identity reveals. I'm also a sucker for vidding to a theme.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evanna & Keo - DWTS Tribute - I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Remus Lupin - The Wolves

Freddie / Effy Kiss Scenes