Annalise Keating - The Greatest

 

December, 2020
Fandom: How to Get Away with Murder
Song: The Greatest by Sia
Description:
This is for The Happiness Project Secret Santa Exchange! I got Suvi aka Supsi85 which was a huge honor! She also made my Secret Santa video which was amazing at /watch?v=oIoklkPKDY8&t=1s

I watch Supsi85's htgawm videos a lot so I was super intimidated to get her. And then I was even more freaked out when she made my video and it was fantastic. I know she loves Annalise's character so I did my best here and hope it's alright!!!

Annalise is also a favorite character of mine. I literally just wrote an essay on her character for my grad school program (The reason this video was a few days late Suvi, sorry!) so Annalise has clearly been on my mind. I had never vidded her before but I sure have a large list of htgawm vid ideas.

Program: svp18
Coloring: Sunnyvids Paprika (w/a few occasional adjustments)
 
Oh boy did I mean it when I said I was intimidated making this. I haven't vidded htgawm since season 1, so this was essentially like vidding a new fandom to me. Even though I know the show very well, it took a lot of digging through the episodes for the scenes I wanted. This is also just a long show with a lot of episodes, and a vast variety of scenes with our main character. 

Mostly I was intimidated because I actually have been inspired by my person's vidding style. I've noticed myself adopted some of the things I've seen her do in videos so... to actually make a video for her... AHH. I hope she watches it and at least enjoys it. When she made a video for me it made my day.

The editing process was quite unique in that usually I spend a month making a video, spread out over several, disconnected days. For this video, I did not start until I was literally pressed up against the due date. Grad school, work, internship - I just had finals as well (And I wrote an essay about Annalise for my Human Development class, so she was at the forefront of my mind!), and then I took a vacation with my sister, and then it was all of a sudden Christmas... so I asked The Happiness Project for an extension and literally sat in front of the computer for about 3 days straight doing nothing but this. I think part of the reason for my procrastination was the fact that once I started, I'd see firsthand if the video was actually good or not, and that scared me a bit.

I'm really happy with how it turned out. There's a lot of simple editing here - no fancy transitions except a few overlays. It's more about matching the beat of the music and finding parallels. The coloring I chose was one I had been eager to try for a while (not mine, but from SunnyVids), because I loved the redness of it. I tried it on my Morgan/Casey video and thought it was too extreme for the simplicity of the video. It works here REALLY well because of Annalise's warm skin tone. The coloring I chose strips blues/greens though... which did NOT work for all of the murder night scenes that are literally blue/green all over. So I adjusted for that and think it turned out well. No black/white because it would fade out Annalise's beautiful skin tone.
 
Next month's THP challenge is Favorite Character and I have many from htgawm. I'm thinking of doing some Franky D.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evanna & Keo - DWTS Tribute - I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Remus Lupin - The Wolves

Freddie / Effy Kiss Scenes