Mia / Sebastian - Someone

August, 2017
Fandom: La La Land (2016)
Characters: Mia and Sebastian
Song: Someone by Kelly Clarkson

Description:
This song is a little ironic because it's talking about breaking up with someone, and then finding someone else that matters to you more. But what if your life's purpose is not a someONE but a someTHING? I believe that's what this whole film is about - to choose between the priority of a loved one or a loved life and career. So Mia and Sebastian will always be each other's "someone" but they lived for something else. Anyways, this is one of the best new films I've seen in a long time. One of my all time favorites.

Here's another example of me really liking to play with lyrics. It's like the words say one thing, and the images say another, so you've got this visual metaphor that takes on a whole new meaning. That is one of the really special aspects of vidding. This is a song about leaving someone, hoping to find another (better) someone, but the movie is about leaving behind your best someone for a career, and I play around with that. That word/image play gives me as much of a vidding "high" as does cool effects and fancy editing. But I think visually it makes vids like this a lot more simple and therefore overlooked, so I wish this one had more attention.

I'm still very proud. I have to say, I LOVE the coloring I did for this video, and the timing is wonderfully satisfying. Some slow-mo, but otherwise no effects. I know my sister and friend of mine both praised this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evanna & Keo - DWTS Tribute - I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Remus Lupin - The Wolves

Freddie / Effy Kiss Scenes