Harry Potter [July 31st] - Look After You


July, 2020
Fandom: Harry Potter
Song: Look After You by The Fray

Description:
Happy birthday angel!

This was an incredibly healing process as I repaired my relationship with the Harry Potter fandom after its author betrayed fans by preaching the exact opposite of what Harry would - love. I was absolutely destroyed by her damaging comments and essay towards the trans community. And yet, the fandom really came through for me. Fans, actors, editors, theorists... we were all on the same page. The films in particular are such a collaborative process that are made up of so many creative minds beyond any one person, and so many of them were quick to remind us what the series is about. Daniel Radcliffe's essay particularly struck home. My love of the films cannot be tainted, nor can my love for the fictional characters who hold an existence in my heart specific to me and only me.

This video is about love and care. I was particularly inspired by the lines exchanged between Harry and Dumbledore. I am not worried Harry, I am with you.

First video edited (in part) with vegas pro.
Baseline coloring by sunnyvids though I took a lot of liberties as I'm trying to figure out how to make my own.

I GOT SONY VEGAS PRO!! Right now I'm on the newest version, 17, though I have a free upgrade to 18 when it comes out. The majority of this video was edited in PowerDirector - that's where I put all the clips together. I was still orienting myself to Vegas and really slow with the interface - so no way I would have gotten this done on time if I tried the whole thing in Vegas. Once I had all of the clips in place, I did all of the effects, coloring, and titles on a free trial of Vegas!! So much creative exploration has been happening - I notice my hands are in different positions on the keyboard while I edit in PowerDirector or Vegas - it's like learning another language. Now when I go back to PowerDirector my hands unconsciously are in Vegas position. I find myself hitting the enter bar going "Why isn't it pausing??"

I experienced enough of the free trial to feel comfortable making the purchase, and rendered this in Vegas. I am so excited to keep exploring the capabilities of this software. I was overwhelmed the last time I tried a Vegas trial, but giving myself lots of time to practice and going back and forth instead of quitting cold turkey on my other program has helped. Next video should be entirely in Vegas!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evanna & Keo - DWTS Tribute - I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Remus Lupin - The Wolves

Freddie / Effy Kiss Scenes